Being founded in Donetsk (Ukraine) in the 2010ies and relocated to Kyiv in 2014, IZOLYATSIA. Platform for Cultural Initiatives is one of Ukraine’s leading cultural institutions working in the fields of contemporary arts and culture, education, research, and creative industries. With over forty large-scale projects carried out in the past eight years, IZOLYATSIA is an expanding multidisciplinary organisation acting nationally and internationally.
The previous four years have seen the foundation grow its international outreach and its presence in Ukraine’s capital. Given the nature and scope of future proposals, IZOLYATSIA is currently looking for a Public Relations Director to take over the institution’s communications.
Description of Responsibilities:
As PR Director, you will be expected to develop and implement the communication and marketing strategies of the foundation to improve the awareness of IZOLYATSIA with partners, media, and the public. The successful applicant is expected to action but will not be limited to the following:
- Promote the organisation’s activities in Ukraine and abroad via media outlets;
- Attend events and meetings to bring awareness to the public about the foundation and its activities;
- Organise, moderate and participate in public events such as discussions, press conferences and interviews; acting as a spokesperson for the foundation;
- Maintain cooperation with existing and potential donors and authorities at all levels;
- Maintain and develop a media database, including the research of new media partners;
- Report on PR activities through reports and analyses, culminating in recommendations for programming based on a thorough understanding of media context — locally (East Ukraine), nationally (Kyiv) and globally (the main international events).
- Ability to persuade others to follow;
- Ability to establish contacts with authorities and potential donors;
- Ability to improve performance;
- Ability to get things done;
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Knowledge of IZOLYATSIA’s activities with substantial motivation to operate in Ukraine and be ready to travel within the country, including the frontline territories, and abroad;
- Five years of relevant, proven and fruitful experience in communications, preferably in culture, politics, economics, marketing, or human rights;
- Portfolio of at least five accomplished projects;
- Well developed database of media and opinion makers in such realms as politics, culture, social, economic, and humanitarian spheres in Ukraine and globally;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian. Spoken and written Ukrainian is desirable;
- Full-time involvement.
Please send your CV along with your portfolio and statement of motivation, in English, to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Public Relations Director”.
The criteria set out above will inform the selection process. IZOLYATSIA will contact all successful applicants for an interview and placement tests. Telephone enquiries will not be accepted.